Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Upcycled small patio table

My hunny brought in a table stand and asked me if I wanted it... OF COURSE I DID!  We had recently bought a new oven and it came enclosed in wood... This is the stand and piece of wood I created from the oven wood...
I filled in the holes on the wood with extra wood I had lying around.  I sanded the stand and painted it as well as the wood table top.  I sealed the wood.... Very important step to do! I attached the top to the stand with screws and bolts. I dug out some cobalt blue tiles I had for years  to use them. I cemented them in with grout. The center square I used half sphere, sparkly, glass stones I had bought at the Dollar Tree. They were cemented in at the same time the cobalt tiles were. I grouted and this is what I ended up with for less than $3....
It fits in nicely with my other pieces I have made... Now to finish my potting table made from pallets...

No comments:

Post a Comment