Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fingerless gloves... Heck yeah!

 I decided to teach myself to crochet via the interwebs with videos and such. This site is awesome and helped me tremendously.
http://crochet.about.com/od/learntocrochet/tp/crochet-for-beginners.htm
     After watching a video, I practiced a chain stitch and a single crochet stitch.  I was ready to make SOMETHING!! So there was a pattern for fingerless gloves. They sounded pretty sweet.  After about a hour of attempting to read the secret language of crocheting I grew frustrated and thought screw it, I will make my own pattern.  I do that at times. So here we go. 

Fingerless gloves pattern:
25-35 chain stitches for the first row... adjust for the size of your arm. Leave about 12" of yarn at the beginning knot for stitching the sides together at the end.
17- 25 rows of single crochet stitch... depends on the length you want them.
Last step is to put the two ends together. Using the yarn you saved earlier, weave the ends together.  Make sure you leave an opening for the thumb.  Turn to the right side and there you go a fingerless glove. Repeat for a matching set.  I decorated mine with buttons and ribbons.  Have fun!
 These are my girlie gloves.
These are my blue jean gloves.
These are my bubba gloves. They were first pair I made. I have no clue how they ended up a camouflaged pattern but the yarn looked really sweet when I picked it out. This is how the ribbons and buttons came into to play, to girlify my bubba gloves a bit.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment